Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9, 2010


Well it's been a couple of days since my last post. Brent and I are getting ready for our upcoming "adventure". Hopefully, if everything goes well, like we plan for it to, then come spring we will in Washington. I have applied for and gotten a couple of applications for some jobs out in the area we have been looking at. I have to do some practicing because I have to go take a typing test sometime this week. I consider myself an o.k. typist, but I need practice. For some reason, almost all of the jobs there require you to type 40 wpm at a 98% accuracy rate. That's not as simple as it sounds.... I type everyday, but not that much. All of the 911 centers out there have the CAD system which is what I am used to working on. I have been using this dispatching system for 2 years now and there is absolutely no reason to type 40 wpm. In the remarks section of the CAD, the area used to put in the info about the call, I don't think that you can even put in 40 words. There are only 3 lines in this area and about 14 to 15 words takes up one and a half of the second line. You also don't have to type everything in right then, you can go back and edit that area at anytime and you should be more worried about getting help on the way to the person that needs it instead of getting all of the information in the remarks section. So, I think they are wanting a little much. However, I have to comply to and be able to perform to their tune. I guess that means I'm off to do some typing tutorials for improvement. Maybe I won't take so long before I get back to my blog this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment